Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday RWP

Reading: Nothing yet, unfortunately. I have The Seville Communion on my desk to be read. But I should really be reading Zoltan Kovesces book Language and Culture, especially Chapter 10. And I should be reading the student papers I have to grade by Tuesday. And I should be reading the backlog of Labov articles.

Wanting: I changed it from wearing, because who cares what I'm wearing?? I am wanting my Kindle to arrive so that I can play with it. Also, so I can use part of that gift certificate my mom sent me for Valentine's day :)

Planning: I have to take Carla to TaeKwonDo this afternoon, start working on all my school work, and perhaps find the time to buy groceries. I also need to find out if I can schedule Carla's riding lesson. Sleep would also be nice.



I totally don't want to be here today. I want to be at home, working on the half-billion things that must. be. completed. before next week. Argh.

I have to A) finish transcribing one project and add pitch markers, intonation, and tone, etc. etc. Then I have to read all the stuff about narrative so that I can have at least some idea of what I want to say next Wednesday.

I also have to grade about 38 papers and return them by Tuesday, so they can turn rough drafts into me on Thursday. le sigh.

So what are Charlie and I doing this weekend? We use Valentine's day, or the nearest day to 2/14 that is convenient, as our anniversary. This will make seven years that we've been together! Can you believe it? I can't. It doesn't seem that long. Anywho...

We want to go to the movies since we haven't been in forever (and when we did go, it was to see a kids' movie). Charlie wants to see Push but I would kind of like to see Coraline, Taken, or Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Although, My Bloody Valentine in 3D is almost intriguing.

I do not know if we will do dinner or anything. Probably not...we might just order in.

et tu?

3 comments:

  1. I have a screener for Underworld you guys can watch. See today's post for my movie going adventure last night. Friday the 13th was awesome though, worth the trouble.

    I still want to see My Bloody Valentine too, but will likely wait for the dvd or a screener at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, excellent.

    we ended up going to see Push. L-A-M-E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I didn't really like that movie the first time I saw it when it was called "Jumper".

    ReplyDelete